Parish Room

The Parish Room is a facility across the road from All Saints' church and churchyard where village events and fundraising occasions are held.



This building was the original school in Bolton Percy, built by public subscription in 1790. It was known formerly as the men's institute and is now known as the Parish Room.

In 1877 Thomas Roberts was the Schoolmaster and lived there with his wife and family. Mr Roberts was quite the entrepreneur of his time being also the Parish Clerk, Postmaster, Registrar for Appleton Roebuck and Insurance Agent!

The photo below shows the Parish Room in 1968:



The Parish Room is available for hire for private parties, it includes a full working kitchen with fridge, and heating. There is no outside space. Costs are £10 per hour.


Please note the Parish Room is currently undergoing a refurbishment and will not be available for some months.